Sunday, July 10

Dust storm

I hadn't realized this storm last Wednesday made such a national impression until I saw it mentioned on other blogs and people were asking about it.

We happened to be in the pool at about 6:30pm when I noticed (what I thought were) clouds developing in the south. That's when I decided it was time to get out.

It was extremely fast moving and when I saw that the "clouds" reached all the way down to the ground, I knew this was going to be a doozy. So I grabbed the camera and started filming.

Ed told me to come inside, so I did about 2 minutes in. But I decided to go back out to capture more of the impact. You'll see how fast it comes in, and it gets so dark the street lights come on.




Oh, it lasted much longer than this seven minute video. And after the dust came the rain!

But amazingly, we did not lose any trees, or umbrellas.

So, this is what July in Phoenix is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment